Monday, October 17, 2011

The Hypnosis Behind.... Alone Time

Do you ever wish for a blanket to carry around that you could put over your head when you wanted privacy? A signal to the entire world you just need some alone time and you don't want to be bothered. Or, on the other hand does the thought of a cover just scare you to death. The idea of being with yourself, no noise, no friends around, family, or even pets?

Well, to be honest, being an extreme extrovert, I used to freak out at the thought of being alone with myself. My dear friend Kandee G in her book Now Boarding suggests to spend a day with yourself and a journal. I love this idea.....talk about getting to the bottom of the self talk in your mind. I'm going to share a little with you about how my process went.

The very first hour I wanted to cry, the silence was so deafening - I was freaking out. After I cleaned the entire house I had to get out side I was feeling extremely claustrophobic. To alleviate my pain, I decided to take the dogs for a walk. It was a long hour walk, in the rain none the less, and it was so refreshing because it wasn't so quiet. I could feel the energy of the dogs and see people passing by in cars, wave at a few neighbors, and to be totally honest, I even cheated as I encouraged a little girl to jump in a puddle with me. Then it started to get dark, I was soaked, the dogs were soaked, and everyone was in their house so we came home.

Did you ever notice how many noises are in your house? The hums of the refrigerator, A/C, computer, the tea kettle, fans even lights buzz when everything else is still, it felt like in the stillness, time was dragging on. My spirit begged for a movie, a call from friends, and encouraging quick chat on facebook, anything just give  me a connection of any kind my mind kept saying!

Then wow it hit me. Even though I have spent years training my mind I still have been in the habit of diversion. Diversions from getting to know myself in the stillness. I know myself in my dreamboards, affirmations, connections and even daily prayer and meditation. I have conditioned myself for small amounts of time with me,  yet if I really want to get to know me I must go beyond. I must constantly push beyond my comfort zone of constant distraction and go to that place of discipline of wanting to get to know what my mind has been hypnotizing me to believe. I encourage you to do the same. Hypnotize yourself that taking time beyond your comfort zone to get to know you, is an amazing experience and it is needed to cleanse and heal. I only became aware of my disempowering thoughts and beliefs in the uncomfortable stillness beyond my conditioned allotted time. Love you enough to go for that constant and never ending improvement. Relax, sit with yourself and focus on what thoughts are coming up and journal - in the stillness, you get the awareness, to reach the greatness! This is me hypnotizing you to be all you are choosing to be!

Hypnosis gets results!

Remember
Dream it, Believe it, Plan it, Achieve it!
Hugs, Kisses, Love, and Positive Wishes,
Your Performance Hypnocoach!
Dr. Amy Emme
http://www.amyemme.com/




No comments: